Last week we hosted a garden party for our blogger friends in New York City. The weather has been anything but spring-like these past couple months and we were all looking forward to leaving the snow and salt behind us as we stepped into a little escape of flowers, games and of course, new makeup! The event launched the new Magic Hour collection and began a our 20th anniversary celebration (more on that later). The new collection was inspired by our iconic Moonglow Quad Bronzer, which bathes skin in that special light we see just at sunset. The Magic Hour collection features two new Lip Fixations, a flirtatious coral, Craze and a flattering mauve, Compulsion. It also features a gorgeous new Eye Shadow trio called Golden Girl with three glimmering shades that can be worn alone or together: a deep bronze, a shimmering dusty rose and a rich gold. There is a new shade of our popular In Touch Highlighter, a warm golden peach called Comfort and a brand new inky gel eyeliner in a pot, Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner (a new personal favorite of mine!) in Black and Brown.
Our spring garden party featured fun games including croquet, horseshoes and bean bag toss. There was a photo booth complete with spring props that brought us all in the mood for the warmer weather. And of course, makeup!
The event featured three diverse makeup looks that can be created using the new Magic Hour collection: Romantic Makeup, Edgy Evening Makeup and Pretty and Polished Makeup. Of course the number of gorgeous looks you can create using the collection is endless, but these three give a great starting point for any event or celebration you may have on your calendar in these upcoming months, whether it be a garden party, wedding, date night, night out with friends or even an office look. The look that was most popular with our blogger friends was the Edgy Evening look:
Edgy Evening Makeup
- Using the Eye Contour Brush, press the darkest shade of the Golden Girl PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple into the outer corner of the eye.
- Using the Eye Shader Brush, apply the lightest shade of the Golden Girl PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple. Start at the center of the lid and work to the inner corner. Be sure to blend the two shades at the center of the eye.
- Using the Angle Eyeliner Brush, apply the Black Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner by pressing the length of the brush along your upper lash and lower lash line, starting at the outer
corner. Go back and sweep product over this line.
- Apply a sheer layer of Comfort In Touch Highlighter to the top of the cheekbones. Apply directly from the tube and blend with your finger.
- Try Craze Lip Fixation Lip Stain/Gloss for a melon lip, or Compulsion Lip Fixation for a neutral lip. Apply a single dot of the stain to the middle of your upper lip, blend with your finger. Apply another dot to the middle of your bottom lip, blend with your finger. Don’t add gloss to maintain the matte look.
Stay tuned for the two other beautiful looks featuring our Magic Hour collection, Pretty & Polished Makeup and Romantic Makeup.