I know it’s not quite spring, in fact we still have a ways to go, but this winter has already been long and dreary. So I thought it was time to bring some spring feelings to this cold weather with a makeup look that isn’t quite so spring that it’s too bright for mid-January, but enough pop of color to put a spring in my step. Keep reading for my “not quite spring” makeup look.
Winter can be a rough season on your skin. We often talk about the sun exposure that summer brings, but what about the dryness of winter? It used to be, that every winter my skin would become dry and lose its luster. Not anymore! Here are my three must-have products for winter.
1. Liquid Minerals, or liquid gold if you ask me. I can’t live without my Liquid Minerals Foundation, it’s a light-reflecting, mineral foundation. The beads or spheres visible in the airless pump are actually liposomes encapsulating liposomes. Its state-of-the-art technology prevents active ingredients from degrading and allows them to time-release into the skin. I’ve noticed personally, that wearing Liquid Minerals has helped my skins glow to improve over time and it has balanced any redness and helped blemishes disappear more quickly.
Let’s start the new year fresh and with a giveaway!
We’re giving away everything you need to start fresh in 2015! Here’s what’s included: a Magic Mitt for a clean and fresh face, the Glamour Eye and Lip Palette which has 15 eye shadows, 10 lip glosses and 5 lipsticks so that you can try creating new looks this year and our Truly Pure Shampoo & Conditioner to freshen your brushes.
How to enter:
- Comment below, before 11:59pm ET January 5, and tell us what you’re starting fresh in 2015.
- Be sure to use a current e-mail when commenting as this is how we will notify you if you have won.
- Three winners will be chosen and notified the week of January 5, so be sure to check your e-mail.
Good luck and have a happy New Year!
We all have a product (or 10) that are our favorites each season, and Jane is no exception! Here are a few of her favorites for this time of year to keep her skin looking hydrated and beautiful and her face party ready.
3. Jane always wears PureLash Extender and Conditioner no matter what the occassion is. A single coat of Lash Conditioner before applying mascara will help strengthen, lengthen and thicken your lashes, making the mascara twice as effective.
4. While she usually wears Espresso Longest Lash Mascara, for a really glam party she will switch to Black Ice. Longest Lash Mascara is designed to make lashes look thicker and longer naturally. Packaged in a squeezable tube with a NEW oversized brush that works with this formula to separate and define lashes, prevent clumping, create natural looking lashes
5. Jane Loves Moonglow for her cheeks, décolleté and even her legs. Moonglow is a golden bronzer, that can be used to subtly create the “Golden Goddess” look.
6. Jane always has Red Currant PureGloss in her bag during this season. PureGloss Lip Glosses have a luxurious formula that feels lusciously creamy on the lips, are remarkably long-lasting and are free of petroleum-based products. Red Currant is a shimmering red rose shade.
7. Of course for the holidays she loves Champagne 24-Karat Gold Dust. Apply it to the cheeks, eyes and lips for a delicately gilded look. Mix it with a moisturizer for the décolletage; or into your favorite hair product for luminous locks!
What are your favorite products this season? Tell us below.
It’s party time! I find this to be the most fun time of year to play with my makeup and really amp things up. Keep reading for three sultry party looks to fit any event on your calendar this year. Be sure to click the model image to try the look on in our makeover room!
- Start by applying your shade of Glow Time BB Cream to your face using your fingertips.
- Apply Mocha PurePressed Blush to your cheeks using the Dome Brush.
- Apply Double Espresso Eye Shadow to your entire lid using the Chisel Shader Brush.
- Apply Shady Lady Eye Shadow to your crease and the outer corner of your eye using the Crease Brush.
- Apply Bone Eye Shadow to your brow bone using the Eye Contour Brush.
- Line your top and bottom lash line and your bottom inner rim using the Brown Jelly Jar Eyeliner and the Smudge Brush.
- Apply PureLash Extender and Conditioner and lots of Black Ice Longest Lash Mascara.
- Line and fill in your lips with the Crimson Lip Pencil.
- Apply Margi Lipstick followed by Soft Peach Lip Gloss.
The holidays are here and so is the season of giving. To help you chose a gift for everyone on your list this season we’ve put together a gift guide. There’s something for everyone and every price point, we hope this helps make your holiday shopping easier this year!
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It’s all about good food, great family and friends and taking a step back from everything to truly be thankful for all the wonderful things in our lives, no matter how big or how small. We all have different traditions for thanksgiving. The tradition my husband and I started when we bought our first home is that we host the holiday for our family. We also have a friend who smokes turkeys so we always get our turkey from him every year, which frees up my two ovens to make delicious sides!
One of my family’s favorite recipes is my mom’s homemade mac & cheese. I’ve played with the recipe a bit over the years and it’s turned out pretty amazing. I’ll share it with you below, shhhh don’t tell my mom! You can also read some of the other holiday traditions and yummy recipes, both new and old, from a few of the gals at jane iredale. So keep reading!
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- 16 oz. cheese
- 1 1/2 c. uncoocked elbow pasta
- Italian breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil elbow pasta according to directions.
- In a pan over medium heat, sautee butter and onions until onions are tender and tanslucent. Then add salt and pepper.
- Add flour and mix until bubbly.
- Add milk and heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. You can use any cheese you like but my favorite is a combination of Sharp Cheddar, Colby, Montery Jack and American.
- Pour cooked pasta into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart caseserole dish.
- Stir cheese sauce into the pasta.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
The holidays are here and this year we are spicing things up with the NEW Where there’s smoke… collection. The gorgeous Limited Edition Smoke & Mirrors Smoky Eye Kit was designed to help you create amazing smoky eyes and the NEW Eye Sheres in Opal Silk and Gold Silk add a touch of shimmer on their own for a more natural makeup look, or can help create an even more dramatic eye look when used as a base. Keep reading for three gorgeous smoky eye video tutorials using the new Smoke & Mirrors Kit and for details on how you could WIN a Smoke Gets In Your Eyes Kit and both NEW Eye Sheres!
We love the holidays; parties, glitzy nights out and glamour! There’s so many different ways to play with your makeup this time of year. The NEW Where there’s smoke… collection is filled with decadent holiday makeup inspired by all the excitement of the holiday season. The new collection includes the Limited Edition Smoke & Mirrors Smoky Eye Kit, NEW sparkly, Limited Edition Eye Shere shades in Opal Silk and Gold Silk, and this season’s Limited Edition Electric Refillable Compact, a deep amethyst decorated with a fuchsia crystal.
One of the most common makeup questions we get is about Hydration Sprays. Everyone who has tried a Hydration Spray loves them, but what do they actually do? Get ready for a fun lesson in Hydration Sprays, both their official purpose and some of the other creative uses for them!
What is a Hydration Spray? Each and every one of the jane iredale Hydration Sprays are a facial spritz formulated to hydrate your skin and set your mineral powder. In addition, each Hydration Spray has it’s own special added benefits. If you are looking to hydrate your skin, you should spritz your Hydration Spray on and let dry before applying your foundation. If you are using your Hydration Spray to set your mineral powder you should spritz after your foundation has been applied, or you can use it both ways!