As November approaches, the nights are decidedly longer (and the makeup more sophisticated) here. While the urge might be to nest and cuddle up on the couch, why not hit the town in style and make the most of it? Here is part two of our city nights blog, brought to you by some of our jane iredale distributors from around the world.
If your goal is to spend a sophisticated, elegant, and most of all fun night on the town, the cosmopolitan city of Antwerp (Belgium) would be a perfect choice to do so. Antwerp is the Diamond Capital of the World and also widely known for its fashion; so make sure to shine bright like a diamond, be very stylishly dressed and made up when exploring the nightlife of Antwerp.
Shaking things up at SIPS
The perfect night amongst friends would start with a pre-dinner cocktail in one the many excellent cocktail bars the city has to offer. For example SIPS where the owner Manuel shakes things up and creates brilliant cocktail masterpieces. He has served his famous genius liquids to many celebrities such as Gene Hackman, Dolly Parton and Tom Cruise.
Dinner options are countless, Antwerp is quite the “foodie heaven”. One of my absolute favorites is the restaurant UMAMI where the vibrant atmosphere and bohemian decorations themselves are already setting the mood when walking in. The contemporary Asian cuisine served is simply mouth-watering and refreshingly creative.
After indulging in this culinary feast you will want to stretch your legs and dance of some calories. At CAFÉ LOCAL there is no way you can resist the Latin grooves and vibes and not strut your stuff on the dance floor.
Dancing at CAFE LOCALE
So what makeup to wear for this type of colorful evening?
I would go for the flawless perfection face and use Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB cream as a base and also as a concealer, contouring with a darker shade of PurePressed Base like Butternut; then add Awake PurePressed Blush on the cheeks to create a fresh, rosy effect. The blush may be applied quite heavily to create a doll-like look which is very hot right now. Make your eyes sparkle even more with a 24K Gold dust of your choice on top of a smokey eye makeup. (use Black Jelly Jar Gel Eye Liner as a base and on the inner rim of the eyes and set with Charcoal from the Daytime Eye Shadow Kit with the Chisel Shader brush to create a very intense effect) The smokey eye of this season is not as blended as we are used to seeing it, it would be more graphic to create a more 60s-like effect. Don’t forget to “wing out” your eyeliner to accentuate this very sexy, feminine look. The lashes need many layers of Black Ice Longest Lash Mascara to match the eye makeup. Why not have fun with your lip product and use the cocktail-inspired lip glosses? The new Kir Royal PureGloss would be perfect for a sparkling, sultry lip.
Your City Night should be like a diamond: bright, beautiful, valuable and always in style.
Alexandria, our marketing and communications manager from Canada sets the mood for us:
We are not all about farming, hockey, seafood, and cold weather up North in Canada; we are much more than that. Some of the world’s most breathtaking landscapes and colourful culture can be found here.
From the seashores of the East Coast to the magnificent mountains of the West, and everywhere in between, you will find a booming nightlife, an abundance of restaurants, great music, and many other hidden gems. Whether you are rolling the dice at Casino Nova Scotia in Halifax, bathing in the moonlit pools of the Hot Springs of Banff, Alberta, dancing the night away at Muzik Nightclub in Toronto, or sharing a Cosmo with your girlfriends at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver, you are sure to be amazed with our beautiful country.
Canada has been credited as being the most diverse and multicultural country in the world, which means we are sure to have something for you to enjoy. Elegance may not be a word used to describe the beauty that Canada has to offer, but as Canadians, we’d rather show than tell. So make sure you go see for yourself!
With jane iredale’s new City Nights collection, you are sure to bring that touch of elegance to your night out. So pull up those printed tights, slip into those cute little ankle booties, and check the mirror to make sure your make up is just perfect before you’re ready to hit the town.
When searching for that perfect ‘Cosmopolitan meets European’ feel, you may want to add Montreal, Quebec to your list of “must see places.” Take a stroll with friends or a loved one in the Place Jacques-Cartier, one of Montreal’s most popular and lively squares. Shop for souvenirs and artwork by local artists, sit for a portrait drawing and listen to the live music, or enjoy some French cuisine at one of the many indoor/outdoor cafes. While taking it all in, don’t forget to take a moment to admire the exquisite old architecture or visit one of the many museums like the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts or the McCord Museum. After enjoying all the culture Montreal has to offer, head into town, take a sip of your Mai Tai and relax while you listen to the sweet sounds at the Montreal International Jazz Festival that fills the air.
- To achieve that perfect ‘Montreal night out’ balance of sophistication and fun, start by applying a chickpea sized amount of Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener to your entire facial contour.
- Follow with Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream mixed with Golden Shimmer Face & Body Lotion and apply with your fingers to your entire facial contour.
- Using the Blending Brush apply a fine veil of Charisma In Touch Cream Blush just off the sides of the apples of your cheeks.
- Then, using the Kabuki Brush apply a light dusting of Amazing Matte Loose Finish Powder over your entire face.
- Define your lip contour with Plum Lip Definer and follow with Katerina PureMoist Lipstick. Finish with “a little dab’ll do ya” of Kir Royal PureGloss Lip Gloss to the center of your lower lip then press your lips together to transfer the gloss to your upper lip.
- Using the Sculpting Brush apply a thin wash of Champagne Silk Eye Gloss from your lash line to your brow.
- Using the Camouflage Brush apply a light wash of Purple Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner from your crease to your lash line filling in the entire lid area below your crease.
- Apply Mist Eye Shadow from your crease to the underside of your brow using the Large Shader Brush.
- Once finished, apply Port Eye Shadow with the Large Shader Brush from your crease to your lash line right over the Purple Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner.
- Using the Crease Brush apply several layers of Toast Eye Shadow to the full length of your crease until the edge of Port Eye Shadow is faded off, creating a seamless blend.
- Using the Smudge Brush apply Green Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner along the upper and lower lash line.
- Finish dressing your eyes with PureLash Extender & Conditioner and while it is still wet, immediately follow with Black Ice Longest Lash Mascara.
Et voilà! You’re ready to hit the town!
Dubai has no dearth of amazing night out spots. This city has so many places to visit with different styles that you never feel bored. Every weekend you can opt for a different place and still feel you have lots to explore.
One night you could plan a low key dinner with your partner and the other night you can head out with your girls for drinks. Count on this city if you want to experience breath taking and luxurious view. A few of our favorite places include:
- Barasti Beach Bar. Whether you are just looking for a Dubai restaurant with tasty food, a dynamic beach bar with live sports, or a place to relax with your friends this is the place to be.
- Mahiki Restaurant. Discover a fun Polynesian theme at Mahiki restaurant in Jumeirah Beach Hotel. There’s never a boring night at this ultimate destination for cocktail.
- VIP Room. Looking for a fun night at the club then head to VIP Room,located in the world’s tallest hotel, and with celebrity guests such as Wyclef and Jay Z stopping by, this St Tropez branded club more than lives up to its ‘VIP’ name.
The look that Dubai girls flaunt for a night out is bold yet classy. Smoky eye & false lashes can never go wrong when spending an evening in the city.
- Start with Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener to prime the skin so the makeup goes on more easily & lasts longer.
- Apply Liquid Minerals Foundation to diminish the appearance of lines & wrinkles followed by PurePressed Base and D2O Hydration Spray to set the makeup.
- Use Celebrate PurePressed® Eye Shadow Trio from the City Nights collection to create a subtle smokey look.
- Apply Green Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner to the lower lash line to define the eyes.
- Complete the look by applying Katerina, PureMoist Lipstick and then Kir Royale PureGloss Lip Gloss to give a nice sheen to your lips.
We hope you were inspired by these ideas to forsake the couch and take the night by storm!