I’m sorry for the delay in postings, but I have just been on vacation (YAY!). I thought it would be fun to see what we bring with us in our makeup bags when we travel.
I love traveling light. I’d rather go without than be weighed down. The few things I pack are soft knitted separates that can be mixed and matched endlessly, and don’t need ironing: a jersey dress, a cardigan, leggings, skirt, tanks. This can last me two weeks! My makeup kit is similar:
- Powder-Me SPF.
- PurePressed Base (used as foundation, sun block, and concealer. Really, it is my new favorite concealer, applied with the Sculpting Brush to my under eye circles and the redness around the corners of my nose).
- Pommisst Hydration Spray – brilliant for dry planes, in a travel-friendly 2 oz. bottle.
- Double Dazzle for a touch of shimmer on the lids or full cocktail party eyes; as well as lip color when needed.
- Black Pencil for the water line and lash lines.
- Lip Drink.
While this may sound like vacation packing (and it is) I use this formula for business travel as well. I might add my favorite Uniqlo blazer and one eye shadow triple instead of the Glimmer Gold.
My dear friend and colleague Laura is always prepared for everything, and her travel makeup kit proves it. When travelling, she will be equally confident on a hike in the woods or at a red carpet event, because in her Quilted Makeup Bag she packs:
- Deluxe Travel Size Dream Tint
- Active Light
- PurePressed Base
- So-Bronze 3
- 2 Hydration Sprays- Pommisst and D20 (WHY? Because she likes to have options)
- Lid Primer
- 2 Longest Lash Mascaras – Black Ice and Espresso
- PureLash Extender & Conditioner
- 2 Cream to Powder Eyeliners- Black Plus and Black/Brown
- Champagne Eye Gloss
- PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple – Brown Sugar (this is the one I would bring too. it is so versatile!)
- Perfectly Nude Eye Shadow Kit
- Double Dazzle
- Powder-Me SPF
- 4 PureGloss (depending on the season…) Apricot Fizz, Cotton Candy, Soft Peach, Pink Candy
- 2 Lip Definers- Nude and Spice
- Lip Drink
- Pencil Sharpener
- 10 Brushes: Blending, Camouflage, Handi, White Fan, Detail, Deluxe Shader, Crease, Smudge, Deluxe Spoolie, Eye Brush/Comb
I wrote to Jane while she was on vacation to see what she had packed. She wrote back:
- PurePressed Base
- Dark Topaz Mystikol
- Powder-Me, too, of course.
- Lash Conditioner and Lengthening Mascara,
- oh and Whisper Blush which I can also use on my eyes.
Now it’s your turn. Please share your travel tips! What do you bring in your makeup kit when you travel?