Folllow us on INSTAGRAM for a colourful collection of all things beauty & wellness. Happy Holidays!
We believe every woman should embrace her personal, natural beauty to show off what makes each one of us so uniquely special. We also believe makeup should be used to enhance the things that make you feel confident and elegant. Makeup is an expression; it can freshen up your look instantly. Here are the top five makeup trends women are loving at the moment, and the products they’re using to achieve them.
Trend: Doll Lashes
Everyone loves the look and feel of long, full lashes because it gives the appearance of being bright-eyed and refreshed. Try our PureLash Lengthening Mascara. The formula includes a proprietary blend of Seaweed Lipids and Wheat Protein that thickens, curls and strengthen lashes, so they are always long, full and healthy.
Trend: Defined Eyes
Your eyes are the windows to your soul, so show them off. Whether creating a cat-eye, a full on wing, or a smudged line for a smoky eye, eyeliner is the go-to product. We have a variety of different eyeliners, but our hero still seems to be the trusty Eye Pencil — it’s vegan, wheat-free, long-lasting and comes in (x) shades. Complete with our Retractable Brow Pencil to define and fill your brows and really frame your face!
Trend: Bold Lips
For an instant pick-me-up, nothing beats a bold lip. Some call it a power lip, because adding lipstick can make any woman feel more confident and sexy— who doesn’t want that? With 26 beautiful shades, including our bold, new red, Cindy, you know that PureMoist Lipstick is perfect for a little confidence boost and a pair of super soft lips.
Trend: Naturally Me, but Better!
Who’s loves rocking a natural look? All you need is a great foundation and you’re ready to take on the world. Which mineral foundation are you obsessed with? Our go to foundation is PurePressed Base Powder. It’s barely there feel, buildable coverage and a full spectrum of shades allow you to get the natural look you want without being a makeup pro.
Which trend gets your stamp of approval?
Face primer is a base for your makeup that makes it go on smoother. You’ve been using it for years, but did you know you should probably use an eye primer too? Keep reading to get the scoop on our favourite new primer, from who should be using it to how to apply it.
Eye Primer Facts
What is eye primer?
Like a primer for your face, a primer for your eyes improves your skin’s texture, helping eye makeup go on smoother and last longer. Additionally, eye primer keeps your eye shadow in place and prevents it from creasing. The 6 shades of jane iredale Smooth Affair for Eyes are a versatile cream-to-powder formula that can be used solo as an eye shadow or as a primer for other eye shadows.
Who can use eye primer?
Everyone can and should use eye primer! They work for all skin types, tones and textures. They are a non-negotiable for crêpe-y eyelids, oily eyelids and those wanting to see the true pigment of the eye shadow shades they are wearing.
How do I apply primer on my eyes?
You can apply our Smooth Affair for Eyes eye shadow primer in two ways, with a camouflage brush or with your fingers! Watch this quick how-to for application tips and tricks. (insert video)
When should I use Smooth Affair for Eyes primer?
- If you want to wear eye shadow apply it as a base.
- If you don’t want to wear eye shadow, but want to have long-lasting colour on your eyelids, apply it solo.
- If you have deep set eyes, more oily skin or skin that perspires a lot.
- When you need your eye shadow to stay in place all day and night. Primer gives you that extra staying power to help your eye shadow last.
- When your eye shadow doesn’t appear as vibrant as it looks in the pot or compact, try an eye primer to help it come out true to colour on your eyelid.
Create a powerful look that’s smudge-proof, crease-proof and lasts as long as you do! Our lid primers have been reformulated to include coco glycerides and mineral powders so that they are even more matte and hydrating, less creasing and highly pigmented.
The NEW Smooth Affair for Eyes collection is available in six versatile, buttery-smooth shades:
Try Iced Brown for a quick smoky eye, or Lemon for evening out redness or texture. We love Gold for highlighting on cheeks and it goes so well with Golden Girl Triple Eye Shadow.
Full, perfectly arched eyebrows are always in style, but sometimes it may feel like they are impossible to achieve. That’s why we went straight to the pros – our Global Makeup Educators – to get tips on how to pull-off a smokin’ hot brow.
Shape & Define your eyebrows like a pro
Brow shape is unique to everyone’s face. Eyebrows are not a one size fits all situation; what looks stunning on your best friend or favourite celebrity, may not be the best shape for you. Here are three steps to help you find the most perfect brow shape for your face:
2. Your true arch (point B) is found by taking your brush and laying it diagonally from your nostril to the outside edge of your iris.
3. Determine where your brow should end (point C) by using your brush to create a line from the outside corner of your nose diagonally to the outside corner of your eye.
The Perfect Brow for your Face Shape
- For a Round Face: To minimise the curve of a round face, direct the outer third of your brow towards the top of the ear.
- For a Square Face: If the face is square, direct the outer third of your brow toward the middle of the ear. This helps balance the face.
- For a Long Face: If the face is long, keep the brow more straight across, directing the outer third above the ear.
- For an Oval Face: An oval face already looks balanced, but to enhance this harmony, you can direct the outer third towards the ear lobe.
The Perfect Brow for your Eye Shape
- For Wide Set Eyes: Make sure the inner corner of your brows are closer together. First, mark where your brow should begin by using the Eye Pencil in Taupe to make a small line towards the center of your nostril. Then, use all your other angles to determine where the brow should arch and end.
- For Close Set Eyes: Try not to make the mistake of over tweezing the area between your eyes; this will throw off the symmetry of your face. All you need to do is extend the true arch point out further, to give the eyes more of a wide set appearance.
- For Hooded Eye Lids: Your ideal brow is thinner. This will open up the eye area and make it appear larger and wider. Try to avoid a large, heavy brow because it will create the illusion that the eye is being pulled down further.
- For Deep Set Eyes: Your goal is to offset any of the shadows seen around the whole eye area. Too dark eyebrows will make your eyes appear deeper set than they really are. So, try working with a lighter brow shade, and keep your brow shape more angular. If the brows are too round in shape, they can actually accentuate dark circles.
- For More Mature Eyes: The trick is to not drag the end tail of your eyebrow down; no need to assist gravity. First, find your true arch. Then, slightly lift the tail of the eyebrow as you create the end point. This will create an illusion of a more youthful eye.
How to Fill in Your Eyebrows
- Line. Using an eyebrow pencil with a fine tip (try our Retractable Brow Pencil) to line the top of your eyebrow. First, locate the starting point of your eyebrow. To do so hold the pencil vertical to the bridge of your nose, right next to your nostril; mark that spot with the pencil. Then, mark the ending point by pivoting the pencil so it aligns with the outer corner of our eye. Connect the two dots with one light, even line.
- Fill. Start at the tail of your eyebrow, and use short, feathery strokes to fill in your eyebrow. Be sure your strokes begin at the underside of your eyebrow and move outward toward your temple for the most natural look.
- Blend. Use a spoolie brush at a 45-degree angle to blend your pencil strokes into your natural hair.
Show your support for women and their loved ones touched by breast cancer with a spritz of Lemongrass Love Hydration Spray from jane iredale. Refreshing and hydrating, it conditions and protects all skin types while minimizing pores and keeping oiliness at bay. Uplifting lemongrass brings energy and vitality to the skin and the spirit with every spray. De-stress, decompress, and delight every day. And know that 100% of the profits of Lemongrass Love are donated to Living Beyond Breast Cancer (lbbc.org)
Why we know you will love this hydrating facial mist:
• It hydrates, conditions and protects all skin types leaving skin looking refreshed and smooth.
• Minimizes the appearance of pores and keeps oiliness in check.
• A boost of hydration that reenergizes and awakens the senses.
• An instant pick-me-up that relieves symptoms of jetlag and stress.
•Created without the use of parabens, sulfates and phthalates.
• Certified ECOCERT Natural & Organic.
Like all jane iredale Hydrations Sprays, Lemongrass Love earned ECOCERT’s Natural and Organic Cosmetics certification, which promotes the use of ingredients derived from renewable resources and organic farming in addition to using production and manufacturing processes that are environmentally sound and safe for human health. To earn certification, products must be comprised of a minimum of 95 percent ingredients of natural origin, and a minimum of 5-10 percent ingredients from organic farming. jane iredale Hydration Sprays exceed these standards, as they are 100 percent natural and 30 percent organic.
Available from 1 September 2016 until stocks last.
Find a stockist: click here
Introducing the new brow pencil by jane iredale that expertly fills and defines brows with an ultra-fine 1.7 mm retractable precision tip. This pencil comes with a built-in shaping spoolie on the opposite end for blending and grooming; it’s everything you’ve ever wanted in a brow pencil. The waterproof formula is long wearing and stays put without smudging, no more bare brows or touch-ups required through out the day.
Simply choose a colour that is closest to your natural hair colour, and away you go.
• Blonde – Golden brown
• Brunette – Reddish brown
• Dark Brunette – Rich chocolate brown
Now for the ultimate brow enhancement using all of jane iredale’s amazing brow makeup products:
STEP 1 – Retractable Brow Pencil
• Using the spoolie brush, comb brows into place by combing hair up and across.
• Next outline the underside of the brow then outline the top; lightly fill in any gaps with short feathery strokes.
• Using a clean spoolie brush, soften and blend the brow pencil by combing through the brows.
STEP 2 – GreatShape™ Eyebrow Kit
• Using the mini brow brush, apply the clear wax to define the outline of the brow, apply wax in small strokes to sparse areas, this will mimic hair texture.
• Wipe brush with a tissue and apply the brow powder again outlining the brow and filling in any gaps.
• Comb brows using the mini spoolie brush.
STEP 3 – PureBrow® Brow Gel
• Finish and hold brows in place with the clear brow gel.
• Remember to wipe brush in between dips so that the brow gel remains clear.
TIP: The brow should begin at the edge of the nose (A line). The arch should be just above the outer edge of the iris (B line). The brow should taper off from the edge of the nose and eye (C line) and not go lower than the inner portion of the brow (D line).
Are your brows ready for the weekend?
Introducing the latest beauty trend of 2016… Non-touring.
In 2015 Kimmy K showed us how to accentuate our features with contouring – the face sculpting phenomenon. Next we saw strobing, used to help radiate and enhance your facial features with highlighters and concealers.
Keeping your look radiant and fresh, non-touring is about makeup that looks like your real skin, not heavily sculptured with obvious frost, think fresh, natural and dewy, with just the right amount of highlight to subtly define your features. Similar to the no-makeup-makeup look, non-touring makes you feel and look like you are wearing nothing at all – perfect for day to night! This is wearable and undetectable so your skin looks great in person and will look just as good in selfies.
There are three effortless steps in achieving this daytime friendly look.
Begin by priming skin to create a smooth even base, your primer should suit your skin type, normal to dry skin types will love Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener as it restores moisture and radiance to skin. We recommend Smooth Affair Primer for Oily Skin for oilier skin types; this primer visibly reduces shine and the appearance of pores creating the ideal makeup canvas.
This look calls for lightweight coverage, so try our Dream Tint Tinted Moisturiser to even skin tone and give your complexion a dewy soft focus effect, as well SPF 15 protection. Our Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream will cover blemishes and deliver a velvety smooth finish to skin, so it’s a great option for those needing a little extra coverage.
The last step in creating this non-makeup look is to allow skin to capture the light. Apply a blend of the two palest shades from jane iredale’s Moonglow Quad Bronzer, using the White Fan Brush, and gently sweep onto the high planes of the face where the light naturally bounces off the skin – on the tops of the cheekbones and the brow bone, along the bridge of the nose and on the cupids bow (upper lip).
Non-touring is the makeup trend that’s here to stay! Tag us in your non-touring looks on Instagram @janeiredale_australia
Have you got skin flaws that you can’t bear to face that stop you from heading to the gym? Maybe you didn’t realise that if you invest in a clean and pure makeup range that is designed to be an extension of skin care, you actually can train in makeup. No more feeling bare-faced or skipping your workout if you skin is misbehaving. The breathability of our non-comedogenic foundations means no more congestion and even better, makeup that won’t run and leave you with streaks – even during that spin class!
Not all makeup can be worn when exercising; generally speaking sweating it out in makeup that contains fillers, talc, parabens, perfumes, FD&C dyes isn’t the best for your skin. If you want to add a bit of colour or coverage to your bare face, make sure you are using pure minerals and a brand that contributes to skin health. Which is why we’re so pleased to tell you that you can, in fact, train in jane!
Why? There’s a few good reasons…
Non-comedogenic – what does it mean?
Laboratory tests confirm that all of our products are non-comedogenic, meaning they do not block pores, so you can confidently wear jane iredale mineral makeup when exercising.
We steer clear of three major sensitisers in makeup; synthetic fragrance, petroleum based colourants and synthetic preservatives. This reduces the likelihood of irritated skin during exercise, because your skin can breathe and function normally!
Our minerals bind together upon application, which means they resist running, creasing and smearing. They have a high water resistant rating which means sweat doesn’t affect their staying-power. If you use a hand towel to wipe your forehead, simply pat your sweat away rather than wiping to reset your minerals for the rest of your workout.
Rain, hail or shine, we know many of you love to exercise outdoors, which is why wearing a physical sunscreen while you are outside is the one of the most important skin care safeguards you can use against UV radiation. If you’re looking for a multi-tasking product, our Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder, PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation, Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream and Dream Tint Tinted Moisturiser provide four important functions in one: Foundation, concealer, sun protection and active skin care benefits. These can all be applied as a sheer coverage to give you the SPF protection you need while you train without your skin looking heavily made up with makeup. The sheer coverage will give your skin a beautiful fresh finish and most of all keep you protected with instant UV protection.
Here’s one for the yogi’s out there – calm mind and calm skin! We make a conscious effort to include ingredients in our products that are calming and soothing; like white lotus flower, cucumber fruit extract, licorice root extract, rosemary leaf extract, willow bark extract, grape seed extract and more. We know that these luxurious botanicals measurably contribute to skin health.
Train in jane iredale to ensure you’re taking care of yourself, from the outside in! Pigmentation, breakout, rosacea… there’s no excuse not to hit the gym. Keeping active will clear your mind, clear your skin and enhance your life. Just make sure you are wearing pure minerals!
In winter, it’s easy to let our regular skincare routine fall by the wayside, as we rug up in layer upon layer and spend more time indoors (Netflix anyone?).
If you do decide to venture outdoors, harsh winds and extreme temperatures can cause damage to the protective layers of your skin, as can huddling by the heater. In winter, we tend to move from one extreme to the other, hot to cold, and this can dry skin out, making it feel dehydrated, dry and even flaky! At jane iredale, we’re dedicated to helping you reveal your most radiant skin (and helping you keep it that way), so we’ve put together a list of our favourite double duty products for winter!
Keep your skin hydrated this winter with these 8 double-duty jane iredale products!
Our Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener is the perfect skin-quenching primer that prepares the skin so makeup goes on easier and lasts longer. It also helps maintain the skin’s youthful elasticity and minimise pores and fine lines while bringing out your natural radiance.
The jane iredale Hydration Sprays come in three unique formulas; Balance, D2O and POMMISST. Each spray helps hydrate and plump the skin leaving you with a refreshed, dewy look. The facial spritz also assures your makeup lasts throughout the day, whilst helping to conceal pores and fine lines. Your skin will be left feeling protected and smooth after using this product!
The Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream helps cover blemishes, minimises pores, disguises wrinkles and smooths and brightens the skin. The key ingredients include Apple Extract, which is a skin-smoothing antioxidant that exfoliates, refines and rejuvenates the skin keeping your skin feeling hydrated and also looking flawless throughout winter.
This light reflecting, mineral foundation provides a sheer to medium coverage, whilst also plumping and hydrating the skin. The special liquid formulation helps soothe the skin, diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimises pores, and evens out skin tones. The Vitamin C helps reverse UV damage and protects your skin.
The cream to powder blush can we applied over or under minerals for a natural or more dramatic look. The blush is hydrating and easy to glide on to create a radiant flush that’s soft and dewy. It can also be used on the eyes and lip.
Winter weather is renowned for drying out your lips and jane iredale’s LipDrink Lip Balm can help quench your lips, whilst also providing hydrating protection. With the combination of waxes and oils, your lips will stay moisturised and also be provided with a protective shield from the cold. Flirt is the newest shade to join the LipDrink Lip Balm family, offering peachy-pink protection.
Condition and extend your lashes with a single coat of this conditioner, before applying mascara. Doing this will help strengthen, lengthen and thicken your lashes, making the mascara twice as effective and also allowing you to use less mascara. It can also be used on eyebrows or worn alone at night time as a lash treatmen
This ultra-hydrating, never greasy hand cream is a must-have this winter! It is infused with active ingredients and antioxidants such as Green Tea and Blackberry Extracts that protect, moisturise and replenish your skin. Our skin is our largest organ, so it’s important that we look after it!
A healthy flush looks great on every complexion!
Add blush to your makeup ritual for double duty beauty. It’ll bring life to your makeup look and if applied strategically it can slim, lift, sharpen, soften or widen your face shape. If contouring is not your thing, blush should be. And not just any blush, make it jane iredale PurePressed Blush because it’s beautifully formulated with pure minerals and antioxidants, it’s non-comedogenic, which means it’s not going to cause breakouts or congestion and it’s free from chemicals, synthetic dyes and irritating ingredients.
Now, you may ask, what’s the best way to apply it so that it looks natural and soft? It’s as easy as one, two, three!
- Choose your shade
- Using the White fan brush, pinch the hairs together and swirl across your blush
- Apply in upwards strokes along your cheek bone
Voile, a soft wash of blush that blends beautifully and adds youth to your face.
Blush for your face shape – recognise which areas to define and highlight to best suit your face.
Before undertaking these steps, it is important to identify your cheekbones and the apples of your cheeks. To find your apples, smile in the mirror and the fullest part of your cheek is where your apples will be. To find your cheekbones, suck in your cheeks so they become more visible.
Make sure that regardless of where you find your apple or cheekbones, you do not apply your blush too close to your nose. Generally the width of your finger or brush is enough distance.
- Heart-shaped face: To balance a heart-shaped face, apply the PurePressed Blush just below the apples of your face and blend out towards your hairline.
- Round face: For a round face, begin applying the PurePressed Blush on the apple of your cheek and blend upwards towards the hairline. This creates a more angular defined face. Make sure that you apply this line a little higher than your would your bronzer, but lower than your highlighter.
- Long face: When applying blush for a longer face, it is important that you blend horizontally across the apple of your cheek to broaden across your face to create the illusion of a more balanced face.
Blush doesn’t have to be pink and boring, switch to swirls of Tawny to warm up your complexion. We are loving jane iredale PurePressed Blush in Flawless and Copper Wind this season.
Suggested jane iredale tools for blush application: White fan, Dome Brush, Flocked Sponge