Whatever you’re doing, and wherever you’ll be this New Years Eve, we’ve put together our four favourite jane iredale makeup looks for you to wear while you celebrate.
- To ensure your makeup looks freshly applied all night long, begin by prepping skin with Smooth Affair for Oily Skin Facial Primer and Brightener to even out your complexion, minimise pores and control shine.
- Apply Dream Tint Tinted Moisturiser using the Blending Brush then dust PurePressed Base Powder over the top for a little extra coverage and a natural semi-matte finish, apply using the Handi Brush.
- Press Rose Gold PurePressed Eye Shadow over the eyelid then blend colour through the contour of the eye using the Crease Brush
- Using Dark Topaz Mystikol line the upper and lower lash line concentrating colour on the outer corners of the eye and blend the liner using the Mini Dome Brush to create a diffused smokiness.
- Comb brows into place, mix the wax and brow powder from the Bitty Brow Kit to create a coloured paste and apply to the brows using the angled brush to create a clean, structured, naturally tinted brow.
- Apply two coats of Black Ice Longest Lash Mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Give cheeks a peach flush with In Touch Cream Blush in Connection; blend in circular motions using the Blending Brush.
- For a nude lip that will stay put apply Just Kissed Lip Plumper in NYC.
- Set makeup by spritzing skin with POMMISST Hydration Spray, and give your skin a boost of antioxidants at the same time.
- Create luminous skin by applying Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener using the Blending Brush
- Apply Liquid Minerals foundation using the Foundation Brush to even out complexion and keep skin hydrated well into the night.
- Highlight the inner corners of the eye by applying the white end of the Eye Highlighter Pencil; blend the white onto the eye lid using the Camouflage Brush.
- Use the Crease Brush to sweep Ebony PurePressed Eye Shadow from the In the Blink of a Smoky Eye Kit through the crease in the outer corner of the eye.
- Use the Chisel Shader Brush to apply Dawn PurePressed Eye Shadow along the lower lash line, blending well so there are no hard edges.
- Using the Angled Liner Brush apply Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner in black along the top lash line, extending the flick on the outer corner.
- Dress the top and bottom lashes with two coats of Black Ice Longest Lash Mascara.
- Groom brows and add a hint of colour with the appropriate shade of coloured PureBrow Brow Gel.
- Apply Whisper PurePressed Blush for a soft peach cheek.
- Highlight the high planes of the face with the two palest shades from Moonglow Quad Bronzer, using the Dome Brush to blend colour into the skin using round circular motions.
- Pair a smoky eye with a soft natural looking glossy lip by applying PureGloss Lip Gloss in Nectar.
- Finish with a refreshing spritz of Hydration Spray.
- To create this glowing beach babe bronzed look, massage a small amount of Warm Bronze Dream Tint Tinted Moisturiser and a dash of Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener into the skin to give a flawless look to your complexion.
- Dust a Beyond Matte HD Matifying Powder in translucent (medium to fair) or Dark (medium to olive) to the t-zone to ensure makeup stays put.
- Press Rose Gold PurePressed Eye Shadow over the entire lid using the Chisel Shader Brush, and sweep the colour through the eye contour using the Crease Brush. Line the inside of the entire eye using the Black Eye Pencil, pressing the pencil right into the roots of the lashes.
- Using the Mini Dome Brush and Rose Gold PurePressed Eye Shadow, reach up under the lower lashes and sweep colour along the lower lash line. Merge the black pencil and Rose Gold eye shadow together to create a diffused smokiness.
- For full thick lashes apply two coats of Black Ice Longest Lash Mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Give cheeks a peach flush by applying Copperwind PurePressed Blush to the apples of the cheeks.
- Apply Terra-cotta Lip Pencil and Buff LipDrink to the lips for an all-natural looking nude lip.
- Prep and prime the skin with Smooth Affair for Oily Skin Facial Primer and Brightener using the Foundation Brush.
- Apply Glow Time BB Cream using the Blending Brush over the entire face, starting on the cheeks and blending out. Wipe away excess product in the hair line and brows using a flocked sponge. Remember less is more; Glow Time has incredible spreadability so don’t be heavy handed with your application. If you need more time to blend, simple add a spritz of Hydration Spray or add a little more Smooth Affair to your brush and continue working the Glow Time into the skin until you get an airbrushed finish to your complexion.
- Next, apply a light dusting of Beyond Matte HD Matifying powder in Translucent or Dark to set BB Cream and extend its wear. This is every makeup artists secret step – the finished result = perfection! Remember to dust your HD powder over the entire eye lid to ensure the eye area has a matte effect too.
- Comb brows into place using a brow comb or spoolie. Another hot tip for your Bitty Brow Kit, simply mix the wax and brow powder together to create a coloured paste before apply to the brows. Use the angled brush to create a clean structured brow mimicking the hair direction of the brows in fine sweeps.
- Using the Angled Eyeliner Brush apply Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner in Black to the top lash line and extend the flick on the outer corner.
- Apply White Eye Pencil to the inside of the eye on the lower lash line.
- Apply two coats of PureLash Lengthening Mascara in Jet Black to top and bottom lashes.
- Contour the cheeks using So Bronze 2 Bronzing Powder and the Dome Brush. To finish apply Copperwind PurePressed Blush to the apples of the cheeks.
- Highlight the tops of the cheekbones, bridge of the nose and the cupids bow using the two palest shades in Moonglow Quad Bronzer, apply using the Dome Brush and blend in circular motions.
- Apply a light dusting of Beyond Matte HD Matifying Powder over and around the edges of the mouth to ensure the lip area is matte, this will prevent lip product from bleeding.
- Outline the lips with Lip Pencil in Crimson, and then blend the line using a clean Detail Brush to soften edges.
- Apply Hot PlayOn Lip Crayon or Margi PureMoist Lip Stick to lips, clean edges of the mouth using the angled brush and Beyond Matte HD Matifying Powder.
- Spritz with Hydration Spray, and you are all set to go!
Happy New Year everyone, may it be a year filled with love, laughter, good health.
Love, jane iredale Australia.