I know it’s not quite spring, in fact we still have a ways to go, but this winter has already been long and dreary. So I thought it was time to bring some spring feelings to this cold weather with a makeup look that isn’t quite so spring that it’s too bright for mid-January, but enough pop of color to put a spring in my step. Keep reading for my “not quite spring” makeup look.
Winter can be a rough season on your skin. We often talk about the sun exposure that summer brings, but what about the dryness of winter? It used to be, that every winter my skin would become dry and lose its luster. Not anymore! Here are my three must-have products for winter.
1. Liquid Minerals, or liquid gold if you ask me. I can’t live without my Liquid Minerals Foundation, it’s a light-reflecting, mineral foundation. The beads or spheres visible in the airless pump are actually liposomes encapsulating liposomes. Its state-of-the-art technology prevents active ingredients from degrading and allows them to time-release into the skin. I’ve noticed personally, that wearing Liquid Minerals has helped my skins glow to improve over time and it has balanced any redness and helped blemishes disappear more quickly.
We all have a product (or 10) that are our favorites each season, and Jane is no exception! Here are a few of her favorites for this time of year to keep her skin looking hydrated and beautiful and her face party ready.
3. Jane always wears PureLash Extender and Conditioner no matter what the occassion is. A single coat of Lash Conditioner before applying mascara will help strengthen, lengthen and thicken your lashes, making the mascara twice as effective.
4. While she usually wears Espresso Longest Lash Mascara, for a really glam party she will switch to Black Ice. Longest Lash Mascara is designed to make lashes look thicker and longer naturally. Packaged in a squeezable tube with a NEW oversized brush that works with this formula to separate and define lashes, prevent clumping, create natural looking lashes
5. Jane Loves Moonglow for her cheeks, décolleté and even her legs. Moonglow is a golden bronzer, that can be used to subtly create the “Golden Goddess” look.
6. Jane always has Red Currant PureGloss in her bag during this season. PureGloss Lip Glosses have a luxurious formula that feels lusciously creamy on the lips, are remarkably long-lasting and are free of petroleum-based products. Red Currant is a shimmering red rose shade.
7. Of course for the holidays she loves Champagne 24-Karat Gold Dust. Apply it to the cheeks, eyes and lips for a delicately gilded look. Mix it with a moisturizer for the décolletage; or into your favorite hair product for luminous locks!
What are your favorite products this season? Tell us below.
The holidays are here and this year we are spicing things up with the NEW Where there’s smoke… collection. The gorgeous Limited Edition Smoke & Mirrors Smoky Eye Kit was designed to help you create amazing smoky eyes and the NEW Eye Sheres in Opal Silk and Gold Silk add a touch of shimmer on their own for a more natural makeup look, or can help create an even more dramatic eye look when used as a base. Keep reading for three gorgeous smoky eye video tutorials using the new Smoke & Mirrors Kit and for details on how you could WIN a Smoke Gets In Your Eyes Kit and both NEW Eye Sheres!
We love the holidays; parties, glitzy nights out and glamour! There’s so many different ways to play with your makeup this time of year. The NEW Where there’s smoke… collection is filled with decadent holiday makeup inspired by all the excitement of the holiday season. The new collection includes the Limited Edition Smoke & Mirrors Smoky Eye Kit, NEW sparkly, Limited Edition Eye Shere shades in Opal Silk and Gold Silk, and this season’s Limited Edition Electric Refillable Compact, a deep amethyst decorated with a fuchsia crystal.
One of the most common makeup questions we get is about Hydration Sprays. Everyone who has tried a Hydration Spray loves them, but what do they actually do? Get ready for a fun lesson in Hydration Sprays, both their official purpose and some of the other creative uses for them!
What is a Hydration Spray? Each and every one of the jane iredale Hydration Sprays are a facial spritz formulated to hydrate your skin and set your mineral powder. In addition, each Hydration Spray has it’s own special added benefits. If you are looking to hydrate your skin, you should spritz your Hydration Spray on and let dry before applying your foundation. If you are using your Hydration Spray to set your mineral powder you should spritz after your foundation has been applied, or you can use it both ways!
This blog post has become one of my favorites to write every season. There are some makeup trends that change slowly over time (thin eyebrows to thick), some we see every year (smoky eyes? Bold lips?), and then there are a few variations on the trends that are unique to each season. These are usually a bit wild and creative, but so inspiring! So how do we take these inspirational looks and turn them into something flattering that we can wear in our every day lives?
Keep reading for three trends that hit the runways for fall 2014, and of course our take on how to incorporate the look (albeit a toned down version) into your daily makeup routine.
Not your average smoky eye
Christian Dior showcased a few very bold smoky eye looks on the runway this season and we love this khaki, metallic look.
This is a quick tip I learned from one of our global educators that will wake up your skin and make you look like you spent a week at the spa.
Scrape off a bit of In Touch Highlighter (experiment with either shade to get the look you want, but I have tried Complete). Add Dream Tint and spritz the mixture with one pump of Hydration Spray. Mix them together and apply with your fingers. Try it and let us know what you think!
One of the things I love about makeup is that there are no rules! When you throw out the rules sometimes you may just discover something fantastic about the products you already love. Here are a few no-rules summer tips from our jane iredale educators who use some of their favorite products in multiple ways.
Spray POMMIST in your hair after you shampoo it. It helps maintain the color, because pomegranate is a powerful antioxidant. Many of us use chemicals in our hair every day, styling products and a lot of heat i.e. blow dryers, flat irons, etc. POMMIST helps protect the hair from all those damaging products and heat.