A few of weeks ago I had the pleasure of spending an evening with a few of our NYC beauty and fashion blogger friends at Haven’s Kitchen on West 17th. The highlight of the evening was a mixology class given by Chef David Mawhinney inspired by our NEW PureGloss collection, which includes 11 new shades, a new formula and new packaging. All of our blogger friends went home with a goody bag containing three of our favorite new PureGloss shades and our entire mascara collection.
While we wish we could have had all of you at this exciting event, we hope you keep reading for instructions on how you can recreate this fun experience complete with cocktail recipes, makeup looks, and yes of course your chance to receive a goody bag for you and a friend, so keep reading!
Haven’s Kitchen is a lovely event space, recreational cooking school and specialty food shop in NYC’s Fashion District. Not only was the location beautiful but the food was amazing. Aside from our lovely drinks, the menu included: Roasted Baby Heirloom Carrots with Cumin-scented Date Puree, Crostini of Housemade Ricotta with Roasted Beets and English Walnuts, Grilled Romanesco Cauliflower on a Romesco Sauce, Sashimi of Atlantic Fluke with Blood Orange and Castelvetrano Olive, Beet Arancini with Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese, and Tartine of Roasted Mushrooms with Pickeled Onion, Parmasean and Arugula.
The first cocktail of the evening was a twist on a Manhattan inspired by one of our lovely new PureGloss shades, Red Currant. This shade is a beautiful red with lots of sparkle. If you were a fan of Strawberry PureGloss you may really like Red Currant.
Here’s how you can make this bold cocktail:
- Add two ounces Bulleit Bourbon, ½ ounce of Antica Formula vermouth and ½ ounce simple syrup to a shaker (simple syrup recipe below).
- Shake and serve in a rocks glass over ice.
- Add red currant berries to garnish.
To make your own simple syrup, follow this simple recipe:
- Add 1 part sugar to 1 part water in a small saucepan.
- Stir with a wooden spoon over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool.
This drink packs a punch, but the lovely red currants add just the right amount of sweetness. If you are going to create this sassy drink you’re going to need a great makeup look to go with it. Here is a lovely option from our makeover room:
- Apply your shade of Amazing Base foundation and spritz with Hydration Spray.
- Apply the lightest shade of Triple Cognac Eye Shadow Triple to your eyelids using the Deluxe Shader Brush.
- Using the Crease Brush, apply the middle shade of Triple Cognac to your crease and slightly above your crease onto the bottom part of your brow bone.
- Apply the darkest shade of Triple Cognac to the outer corner of your eye and into the outer part of your crease using the Chisel Shader Brush. Blend well!
- Line your top lash line with Black Liquid Eyeliner.
- Apply PureLash Extender & Conditioner followed by Black Ice Longest Lash Mascara to your top lashes.
- Apply Flushed or Sheer Honey PurePressed Blush to the apples of your cheeks and slightly upward toward your temples using the Dome Brush.
- Finish your look with Cimson Lip Pencil and Red Currant PureGloss.
The second drink of the evening “Beach Plum Fizz” was inspired by our new Beach Plum shade of PureGloss. This cocktail is super fun and refreshing and has beautiful color to it. Did you know that the Beach Plum is a pink fruit about the size of a cherry that is native to NY?
- Add two ounces Greenhook Ginsmith Beach Plum Liqueur, ½ ounce of lemon juice, and ½ ounce of simple syrup to a shaker.
- Shake and serve in a Collins glass over ice.
- Top with seltzer.
- Garnish with lemon zest and lavender sprigs.
This cocktail is lovely whether you are headed to the beach or just day dreaming about it. Here’s an easy makeup look inspired by Beach Plum that you can create in less than 5 minutes, so you can go back to enjoying that cocktail!
- Start by applying a dot of Dream Tint, in your shade, to your forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks.
- Spritz your Blending Brush with Hydration Spray and use it to blend your Dream Tint, this will give a lovely airbrushed finish.
- Apply Pink Silk Eye Gloss to your eyelids.
- Apply PureLash Extender & Conditioner followed by Jet Black PureLash Lengthening Mascara.
- Apply Connection In Touch Cream Blush with your fingertips.
- Finish your look with Beach Plum PureGloss.
The last cocktail of the evening was elegant and sophisticated, and inspired by our new PureGloss shade Snow Berry. This shade of PureGloss is very neutral yet full of sparkle. If you liked Tourmaline this may be a new favorite of yours!
- Using a small melon baller, scoop small balls from Asian Pear and cover with Caledonia Spirits Elderflower Liqueur. Place in champagne flute.
- Pour 1 ounce of St. Germain and add prosecco to fill.
This elegant drink is anything but boring, and the asian pears add just the right pizzazz. Here’s how to create a makeup look to match your drink.
- Apply Smooth Affair Primer to your entire face.
- Spritz your Flocked Sponge with Hydration Spray and apply a small amount of your shade of Glow Time BB Cream to the moist area of the sponge. Apply to your face.
- Apply Merlot Eye Shadow to your eyelid using the Deluxe Shader Brush.
- Apply the same shade with a heavier hand to the outer corner of your eye and into your crease.
- Apply Supernova Eye Shadow in your crease using the Crease Brush and blend well.
- Apply Champagne Eye Shadow to your brow bone with the Eye Contour Brush.
- Line your top lash line with Onyx Mystikol.
- Using the Smudge Brush, smudge the outer 3/4 of your bottom lash line with Onyx Mystikol.
- Apply 4-5 coats of Longest Lash Mascara.
- Apply Dubonnet blush to your cheeks using the White Fan Brush.
- Finish your look with Snow Berry PureGloss.
Now for the best part, GOODY BAG GIVEAWAY! Here’s how to enter for your chance to win:
- Visit the jane iredale makeover room here and create your favorite look inspired by any of our new PureGloss shades.
- Name your look (be creative!) and save it to our gallery. You can also send it to friends or post it on Facebook.
- Leave a comment below with your look’s name for a chance to receive a goody bag for you and a friend!
- Create as many looks as you like for more chances to win.
- Be sure to visit our Mix It Up Spring Gallery on Facebook throughout the month of April to see a variety of looks inspired by our NEW PureGloss, you may even see yours.
You have until April 30th to submit your look name below, then be sure to check on May 6th to see if you won!
Now you have everything you need to create your own fun girl’s night out. Good luck, we can’t wait to see your looks!